Every building has its own identity which is attributed to a well-designed space within it. When it comes to featuring every little aspect of the interior, it is a basic process to allow the needed appearance and exquisiteness to reveal its unique features. During the process of branding of the property, 3D rendering plays an imperative role. It departs creative and realistic appearance to the interiors of the building.
With rapid technical advancement and need to deliver quick turnaround time of construction projects, it has become imperative for contractors, consulting firms, and Architectural Design firms etc. to shift from CAD to BIM Modeling. BIM owing to its parametric modeling properties, ability to provide building data along with 3D geometry has compelled companies to make shift from cad drafting services to virtual construction modeling technology.
The advent of computers have brought about a revolution in the design industry. Designing on computers has changed the way that designers and architects work. With the availability of different software such as CAD and BIM software, professionals often face a dilemma while selecting the appropriate tool for the project.
3D Visualisation has changed the way of approach of architectural firms to the design of a building. It has led to increased efficacy in the architectural and engineering industries. With the use of visualisation, architects can present their designs in the form of images that would resemble the final building. This is similar to taking a photograph of the building before the construction actually begins. 3D modelling is the process of developing a virtual three dimensional representation of a physical object. 3D Visualisation or 3D Rendering, as it is often called, is the process of converting the 3D models into a 2D image that is similar to a photograph.
3D Visualisation offers many benefits to the architects.
- Accurate depiction
3D Visualisation depicts the architectural design in form of an image of the building before construction. The clients can take a virtual tour of the building and suggest changes that they may require. The architect can make changes to the design and check the effect of this change.
- Cutting Edge Over a 2D Drawing
A rendered image is easy to understand when compared to the 2D drawing. It creates the image of the building in a manner as it would appear when it would be constructed in real time. This enables the clients to visualise the actual design, thereby leading to better acceptability.
- Quicker Project Approvals
It is easier to get the project approvals from the local government authorities. Many projects are rejected due the lack of clarity of the appearance of the building. However, with the use of 3D rendering services, it becomes easier to exhibit the actual appearance and remove any uncertainties.
- Facilitates Changes in Design
It is easier to understand the impact of design changes in the 3D model than on a 2D drawing. The implications of even a minor change is design are reflected in a way that is easy to understand.
- Easy to Measure
3D model clearly depicts the physical dimensions of the objects and its relative distance with the other objects in the layout. This helps the clients visualize and fine-tune the arrangement of the objects.
- Easy to Interpret
3D models are easy to interpret as they require fewer instructions and are free from language barriers. It is easier to understand the layout that is closer to reality.
Architects use 3D modelling and rendering services to improve the efficiency and aesthetics of their design. We are proficient in creating photo realistic images for offices, homes, commercial buildings, sports complex and stadiums, landscaping as well as interiors. We can also photo montage the model over an existing image. Contact us now for your requirements.
The process during which architects, engineers, and building information modelers create informative 3D parametric models for architecture, structure, and MEP is known as Revit modeling services. Revit allows design and construction professionals to share their work among themselves when 3D modeling is performed in the digital environment. It also allows them to increase the accuracy of 3D design developed in Revit. Revit modeling software develops the high quality architectural design of the building projects.
Over the period of time, Revit Modeling Services has become the most renowned engineering services across the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry. Revit helps design and construction professionals in the construction of architecture, structure and MEP system of the building by allowing them to generate high-quality design. Revit is considered as the best platform for architects and engineers for design development of building elements. Revit consists of lots of advanced tools that help architects to develop the building architectural design accurately.
Revit allows the users to link the IFC files to the on-going project which helps them to do additional design works effectively. It enhances the collaboration among the project team members. Revit enables all the project team members to share their information with each other without any hassle. Once the architectural model is developed for the project all the professionals can work simultaneously on the same model. Also, they can save their work as files within the central database so that everyone can view the files and access the files easily.
By scanning a 3D Revit model, professionals can detect interferences among various elements of the building system. Once the building architectural design is completely created, professionals can efficiently analyze the design and take effective sustainable design decision regarding the architecture of the proposed building project. Revit modeling services also allow users to modify the entire architectural model. The modified model is automatically updated without any manual effort. This software increases the overall productivity of the project.
Revit modeling software allows the professionals to visualize the architectural design model from all the angles giving a 360-degree view. This view helps to analyze the model efficiently and the required changes can be made in the model if any. Revit modeling services are most significant for architects and engineers for onsite construction as precise design and construction data from the 3D parametric model can be used which are created from 3D modeling services.
Building information model costs and savings depends on many factors. Costs are based upon the level of detail of the model, the complexity of the project and the expertise of modeling team in the technology. The level of detail (LOD) can be categorized through system published by American Institute of Architect. LOD 100 is a conceptual stage. LOD 200 is approximate geometry stage. LOD 300 is precise geometry stage. LOD 400 is fabrication stage. LOD 500 is an as-built stage.
The main uses of BIM for construction managers include visualization, 3D coordination, prefabrication, construction planning and monitoring, quantity take offs, and recording model. Project savings are considered high if the Building Information Modeling is used during the early design phase. The architect and engineer can eliminate some of the coordination issues in LOD300 via BIM. Later, the subcontractor can provide more detailed shop and fabrication drawing as LOD 400. At this stage, a construction manager can coordinate the approval process of the shop drawings.
Furthermore, a construction manager can provide more detailed and accurate schedule and cost estimation as the LOD increases from 100 to 400. Lastly, record Building Information Model can be achieved in LOD 500.Overall, the different uses of BIM can be realized at different stages of LOD that would give cost savings.
The complexity of the project is related to the type of construction such as residential, institutional, healthcare and commercial. Building information models for residential construction can be simpler models. For healthcare and pharmaceutical projects, BIM would require better coordination for space due to the increased MEP and equipment required for the work. Hence how much BIM will be used depends on the type of construction.
The first time users of the BIM may feel a negative impact on their profitability due to a new investment in technology and learning that comes with it. The consistent participants of the Building Information Modeling are likely to obtain the benefits of BIM and a noticeable increase in their profits. Overall, the cost of the BIM and its supporting technologies can be expensive, to begin with. However, the powerful uses of BIM increase profits lower costs and the scheduling time.
Over the past few years some of the most advanced or awe-inspiring software products have been designed and manufactured by software developing companies, which are used extensively by building professionals such as drafters, modelers, architects and engineers etc. One such software manufacturing company, which is working constantly for empowering architects and engineers in terms of providing them with advanced tools and technologies is Autodesk. It’s a company which has manufactured some of the most advanced software products for executing drafting, Modeling, clash detection, and architectural rendering services.
Today all the Autodesk products such as AutoCAD, Revit ( Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP) Navisworks, and 3dx Max etc., are used for developing highly precise design for building disciplines such as architecture, structure and MEP. AutoCAD is mainly associated with the execution of drafting services, during which detailed and informative 2D digital drawings are generated for different building disciplines. That means this particular software is utilised for creating drawings such as site plans, floor plans, elevations, section drawings, assembly drawings, single part drawings, fabrication and erection drawings and general arrangement drawings etc. All these drawings remain really crucial for architects and engineers when it comes to obtaining or referring geometrical information.
However, apart from these drawings or construction drawings for that matter building professionals also create 3D models for architecture, structure and MEP, which provide a far too advanced information to them. Multidiscipline models are normally developed through Building Information Modeling software like Revit, Tekla and ArchiCAD etc., and these models provide better Visualisation, when it comes to referring building design. Building Information Models are used extensively for developing high-end 4D simulations. Simulations become really pivotal to architects and engineers, when it comes to viewing entire construction process step by step in order to gain a detailed idea of the challenges which can be faced by them during final construction. In addition to that photorealistic architectural rendering services can also be executed for building projects so that all the building stakeholders can see the entire design of the building in the most realistic manner possible. Bothe architectural images and 3D models can be given photorealism, with the assistance of advanced rendering software like 3ds Max, and these models as well as images can also be utilised for gaining financial help from the banks or for obtaining building permits.
A lot has been said and written about Building Information Modeling, or BIM since it first made its presence in the landscape of architecture, engineering and construction industry, but people still have doubts regarding it. They are still tremendously confused about its concept, wherein most of them believe that BIM is nothing but software.
Anyways, for those who still think that BIM is software or who have a lot of doubt about its whole idea, let me clarify to them by saying that it is nothing but a process. Yes, that is right, BIM is actually a process and not a software. BIM is such an important process, which is implemented for developing highly informative 3D models for different building disciplines such as architecture, structure and MEP. On the other hand the software products which are used for developing these multidisciplinary models are often addressed as BIM software. And the models which are generated for architecture, structure and MEP are known as Building Information Models.
A detailed account BIM Modeling services
1. BIM Modeling services are always carried out individually for each building discipline.
2. And these services are mostly executed with the support of specific BIM software such as Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP.
3. Each of these software products are accommodated with specific features and tools, which are meant to sort out the complications of architects, engineers and BIM modelers, when they go ahead with the execution of BIM Modeling services.
4. For example, Revit Architecture has all the important features, which are necessary for architects and modelers to create stunning and accurate architectural model, that can provide detailed design information to anybody and everybody associated with the project in question.
5. Similarly, Revit Structure also contains necessary features, which are essential for executing structural Modeling services, so that informative models can be generated for the structure.
6. Building Information Models provide ultimate information to architects and engineers concerning design, construction, schedules, material take offs, and time & cost of the project.
7. BIM models prove really essential for building stakeholders when it comes to speculating or calculating project outcomes.
And since they effectively allow building professionals to speculate project outcomes they also support them in minimizing potential onsite challenges
The execution of design development process has always been one of the most difficult tasks in the entire construction process. And the matter of fact is that the efficiency of building professionals during actual construction entirely depends on the quality of building design. This clearly means that precise building design is extremely important for building professionals in terms of rapid accomplishment of the project. Considering the importance of building design in construction, a variety of design development software products have been manufactured by software developers.
Some of this software include AutoCAD, Revit – Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, and Revit MEP, Tekla, Navisworks and 3ds Max etc.
Uses of different software products in design development
1. Drawings, which remain one of the most important parts of design development process, are a vital source of design information for architects and engineers
2. And for the accurate development of drawings ( architectural, structural and MEP drawings) building professionals have to utilise advanced software products.
3. One of the most crucial software products, which is mostly used for the development of technical architectural and engineering drawings is AutoCAD.
4. Its tools are so high- tech, that even the most complex drawings can also be generated swiftly by drafters.
5. In addition to that, with its assistance alteration of multidisciplinary drawings have also become quite easy.
6. Apart from developing drawings, the next stage in design process remains the development of 3D models.
7. These days, 3D models are generally developed with Building Information Modeling software such as Revit, Tekla, and Allplan.
8. BIM models include advanced information about construction projects and can be utilised largely for predicting project outcomes. Details regarding design, construction, operations, and schedules etc. are incorporated effectively within Building Information Models.
9. If we talk about Tekla, it deals with everything regarding structural design process. Weather, it is structural detailing, modeling, or structural analysis, Tekla can handle everything effectively.
10. The next crucial software for AEC professionals during design development is Navisworks.
11. It is used for locating and eliminating element collisions.
12. On the other hand, 3ds Max comes into the picture once the technical design of the building is fully completed. It is primarily needed for developing photorealistic images of the building in question.
The introduction of 3ds Max has revolutionised the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry when it comes to architectural animation and rendering. It’s a powerful software that helps rendering artists and 3D animation artists to customise and create remarkable photorealistic images, models, architectural walk-through and fly- through. This Autodesk product is fully packed high-end modeling and rendering tools as well as features and most of them are based on users’ requests.
The Autodesk team pays a lot of importance to users’ feedback and reviews and hence it has managed to create and accommodate magnificent tools in 3ds Max which can help users to accomplish their task quickly.
Check out some of the latest enhancements in 3ds Max
- Some of the latest add-ons in 3ds Max include “Camera Sequencer” which helps animation artists to tell the stories effectively with high-end animation.
- Dual Quaternion skinning is another add-on in 3ds Max which helps users in developing high-quality skinned characters in very small time.
- OpenSubdiv support is another important feature which is used for developing complex topology more quickly.
- Enhanced ShaderFX can be used by 3ds Max users for exchanging advanced shades effectively.
- A new 360 cloud rendering support has also been added to the software for simplifying the rendering process.
- The software can now easily support Iray and mental enhancements.
- The addition of Max Creation Graph, which is a node-based tool as well as content creation enviornment brings great efficiency during the rendering process.
- Users can now import data from other applications such as Revit and SketchUp a way too faster which ultimately helps in enhancing the productivity of the users.
So, in this way with the assistance of advanced 3ds Max tools, the work can now be completed too quickly by users.