Every building has its own identity which is attributed to a well-designed space within it. When it comes to featuring every little aspect of the interior, it is a basic process to allow the needed appearance and exquisiteness to reveal its unique features. During the process of branding of the property, 3D rendering plays an imperative role. It departs creative and realistic appearance to the interiors of the building.
With rapid technical advancement and need to deliver quick turnaround time of construction projects, it has become imperative for contractors, consulting firms, and Architectural Design firms etc. to shift from CAD to BIM Modeling. BIM owing to its parametric modeling properties, ability to provide building data along with 3D geometry has compelled companies to make shift from cad drafting services to virtual construction modeling technology.
The advent of computers have brought about a revolution in the design industry. Designing on computers has changed the way that designers and architects work. With the availability of different software such as CAD and BIM software, professionals often face a dilemma while selecting the appropriate tool for the project.
3D Visualisation has changed the way of approach of architectural firms to the design of a building. It has led to increased efficacy in the architectural and engineering industries. With the use of visualisation, architects can present their designs in the form of images that would resemble the final building. This is similar to taking a photograph of the building before the construction actually begins. 3D modelling is the process of developing a virtual three dimensional representation of a physical object. 3D Visualisation or 3D Rendering, as it is often called, is the process of converting the 3D models into a 2D image that is similar to a photograph.
3D Visualisation offers many benefits to the architects.
- Accurate depiction
3D Visualisation depicts the architectural design in form of an image of the building before construction. The clients can take a virtual tour of the building and suggest changes that they may require. The architect can make changes to the design and check the effect of this change.
- Cutting Edge Over a 2D Drawing
A rendered image is easy to understand when compared to the 2D drawing. It creates the image of the building in a manner as it would appear when it would be constructed in real time. This enables the clients to visualise the actual design, thereby leading to better acceptability.
- Quicker Project Approvals
It is easier to get the project approvals from the local government authorities. Many projects are rejected due the lack of clarity of the appearance of the building. However, with the use of 3D rendering services, it becomes easier to exhibit the actual appearance and remove any uncertainties.
- Facilitates Changes in Design
It is easier to understand the impact of design changes in the 3D model than on a 2D drawing. The implications of even a minor change is design are reflected in a way that is easy to understand.
- Easy to Measure
3D model clearly depicts the physical dimensions of the objects and its relative distance with the other objects in the layout. This helps the clients visualize and fine-tune the arrangement of the objects.
- Easy to Interpret
3D models are easy to interpret as they require fewer instructions and are free from language barriers. It is easier to understand the layout that is closer to reality.
Architects use 3D modelling and rendering services to improve the efficiency and aesthetics of their design. We are proficient in creating photo realistic images for offices, homes, commercial buildings, sports complex and stadiums, landscaping as well as interiors. We can also photo montage the model over an existing image. Contact us now for your requirements.
Over the past few years some of the most advanced or awe-inspiring software products have been designed and manufactured by software developing companies, which are used extensively by building professionals such as drafters, modelers, architects and engineers etc. One such software manufacturing company, which is working constantly for empowering architects and engineers in terms of providing them with advanced tools and technologies is Autodesk. It’s a company which has manufactured some of the most advanced software products for executing drafting, Modeling, clash detection, and architectural rendering services.
Today all the Autodesk products such as AutoCAD, Revit ( Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP) Navisworks, and 3dx Max etc., are used for developing highly precise design for building disciplines such as architecture, structure and MEP. AutoCAD is mainly associated with the execution of drafting services, during which detailed and informative 2D digital drawings are generated for different building disciplines. That means this particular software is utilised for creating drawings such as site plans, floor plans, elevations, section drawings, assembly drawings, single part drawings, fabrication and erection drawings and general arrangement drawings etc. All these drawings remain really crucial for architects and engineers when it comes to obtaining or referring geometrical information.
However, apart from these drawings or construction drawings for that matter building professionals also create 3D models for architecture, structure and MEP, which provide a far too advanced information to them. Multidiscipline models are normally developed through Building Information Modeling software like Revit, Tekla and ArchiCAD etc., and these models provide better Visualisation, when it comes to referring building design. Building Information Models are used extensively for developing high-end 4D simulations. Simulations become really pivotal to architects and engineers, when it comes to viewing entire construction process step by step in order to gain a detailed idea of the challenges which can be faced by them during final construction. In addition to that photorealistic architectural rendering services can also be executed for building projects so that all the building stakeholders can see the entire design of the building in the most realistic manner possible. Bothe architectural images and 3D models can be given photorealism, with the assistance of advanced rendering software like 3ds Max, and these models as well as images can also be utilised for gaining financial help from the banks or for obtaining building permits.
The introduction of 3ds Max has revolutionised the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry when it comes to architectural animation and rendering. It’s a powerful software that helps rendering artists and 3D animation artists to customise and create remarkable photorealistic images, models, architectural walk-through and fly- through. This Autodesk product is fully packed high-end modeling and rendering tools as well as features and most of them are based on users’ requests.
The Autodesk team pays a lot of importance to users’ feedback and reviews and hence it has managed to create and accommodate magnificent tools in 3ds Max which can help users to accomplish their task quickly.
Check out some of the latest enhancements in 3ds Max
- Some of the latest add-ons in 3ds Max include “Camera Sequencer” which helps animation artists to tell the stories effectively with high-end animation.
- Dual Quaternion skinning is another add-on in 3ds Max which helps users in developing high-quality skinned characters in very small time.
- OpenSubdiv support is another important feature which is used for developing complex topology more quickly.
- Enhanced ShaderFX can be used by 3ds Max users for exchanging advanced shades effectively.
- A new 360 cloud rendering support has also been added to the software for simplifying the rendering process.
- The software can now easily support Iray and mental enhancements.
- The addition of Max Creation Graph, which is a node-based tool as well as content creation enviornment brings great efficiency during the rendering process.
- Users can now import data from other applications such as Revit and SketchUp a way too faster which ultimately helps in enhancing the productivity of the users.
So, in this way with the assistance of advanced 3ds Max tools, the work can now be completed too quickly by users.
The term ‘Architectural services’ includes an extensive range of services within it and all these services hold special importance for building stakeholders, when it comes to the overall construction of the building. For developing high performing buildings n number of (countless) architectural, structural and MEP solutions are required which are mostly availed with the assistance of architectural and engineering design firms.
Again for each building discipline multiple design and drafting solutions are required which allow design and construction professionals to get a detailed idea of design.
Check out the list of architectural services
- Architectural drafting services remain the fundamental requirement of architects as with their execution precise 2D architectural drawings are availed by them.
- Architectural drafting results in the production of immaculate site-plans, floor plans, elevations and sections etc.
- If incase only hand-made architectural drawings are available to clients then they can also avail paper to CAD conversion services for obtaining CAD drawings.
- 3D floor plan services are also highly indispensable part of architectural services as they provide exhaustive information about a floor.
- 3D architectural modeling services are again extremely important because they allow design and construction professionals to obtain better results in terms of design analysis and its improvement.
- 3D architectural models remains extensively indispensable to design and construction professionals when they have to execute clash detection services, as it provides better visibility to modelers in terms of identification of element collisions.
- The 3D architectural models as well as CAD drawings can be used by rendering artists for the development of realistic images.
- That means in the absence of architectural drawings and parametric models, architectural rendering services cannot be performed.
Green construction is the practice of developing energy efficient buildings wherein design and construction professionals use environment friendly methods for constructing the buildings. The main aim of architects, engineers and contactors remains at saving the consumption of energy, water, electricity and other important resources at the time of construction and post construction which proves highly beneficial for building owners and for our built-environment as well.
There is a huge necessity of creating awareness about green construction and its advantages for our environment, as green buildings are still developed rarely across the world.
Tools and techniques used in green construction
- Development of green buildings is impossible in the absence of advanced software such as Revit and Tekla.
- Both these software are utilized by design and construction professionals for creating energy analytical models.
- Energy analytical models can be developed with the information contained in 3D parametric Building Information Models.
- Energy analytical models which are either developed in Revit or in Tekla are utilized by design and construction professionals for creating energy simulations and for conducting energy analysis.
- Depending upon project requirement energy analysis can be conducted during early design phase and also during late design development.
- The energy analysis which is conducted during early design phase remains very crucial for architects and engineers because they can easily make change to the design.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design commonly referred as LEED plays a major role in the development of green buildings.
- LEED which is created by U.S. Green Building Council is nothing but set of rating systems.
- It is very helpful when it comes to the design, construction, and operations of green buildings.
Architectural Building Design codes and Standards represent the minimum specification criteria used for design or development of Architecture. The main purpose to implement these codes in Architectural Buildings is to ensure and protect the health, safety and general welfare of its occupants. These building standards differ according to the location, climatic condition and typical aesthetic taste. Kind of materials used, construction type or home type is determined according to standard. For e.g. these Codes will differ for a construction in USA or Australia; being residential or commercial; wooden or steel. How does a CAD outsourcing services company cope up with this challenge?
Design, construction and maintenance of any building (residential or commercial) are done in accordance with these standards. Architects and Engineers are responsible for proper implementation of these codes and standards while providing building design services.
Building codes are followed from the commencement of the design phase to the onsite implementation of these codes. Companies providing pre-construction CAD outsourcing services such as Architectural Design Services, BIM services, CAD Drafting Services, Construction Drawing services and MEP services should monitor and ensure that the architectural designs developed by them is in accordance with the compliance applicable for that location.
For companies providing CAD outsourcing services offshore, following and implementing compliance poses to be a huge constraint. Understanding and implementing international codes take time and requires on shore assistance while providing Architectural design services and construction drawing services. These standards provide a certain size, number or placement of the components or parts which makes design decisions easier.
Architectural Building standards and Codes are subjective to change so the Companies, Architects or Engineers should always keep themselves updated. The changes depend upon many factors such as needs, environment changes, energy sources, population etc. at that location.
Most of the standards are applied to the new constructions being done but if own a building (Residential or commercial) which is more than 50% damaged then you need a renovation to be done following the Architectural Building codes and standards. Below are some of the Building codes and standards being followed worldwide:
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- The International Code Council – ICC
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- Uniform building code (or UBC)
- International Building Code (IBC
- The International Residential Code (IRC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
It is our wholesome responsibility to follow these standards and codes thus ensuring safety and protection of the people.
Tesla CADD UK provide Building design services or CAD outsourcing services in-depth. With an onshore presence and an Architectural team in house, building design codes and its implementation is one of our major strengths. We are also into Building code analysis, Planning and construction drawing services.