The contemporary design development process is a way too advanced than traditional design methods and file linking system remains its indispensable part. Availability of effective information remains at the centre of constructive design development and file linking is the most common method of availing information. For monitoring elements of a host project and a linked project Copy/Monitor tool is tremendously paramount. Copy/Monitor tool resides under collaborate tab within coordinate panel and is utilized by AEC professionals either during coordination review process or at the time of interference checking.
Copy and monitor elements when a file is linked to host model
• Here is an example of how to monitor elements when a structural model is linked by Revit modelers in architectural model.
• The most important thing in this case is to access Copy/Monitor tool that is available in coordination panel of collaborative tab.
• Under copy monitor tool we have two options one is ‘Use Current Project’ and another one is ‘Select Link’
• If users want to copy and monitor the elements within a host project they must use ‘Use Current Project’ tool. This tool is basically used by the users when many people work on same project.
• On the other hand ‘Select Link’ tool can be used by Revit users for selecting the elements of a linked file which can be copied by them in their current project or else they can be simply monitored by them. Elements of linked file can be selected and then compared to the elements of the existing project.
• Now what process should be applied by users if they want to copy monitor grids and columns that are contained in the structural model which is linked in the architectural model.
• Well users should select the structural Link with the assistance of ‘Select Link’ tool.
• After this users should select copy tool for selecting structural grids and columns.
• So once the objects that users want to copy into your project are selected they should click on to ‘Finish’ option that is present in the Option bar.
• In this way elements can be copied from a linked model and can be placed in a host project. These elements can be manipulated by the users very easily as per their requirements.