Photo-realistic rendering signifies how a virtual object is made photo-realistic by applying colors, textures and relevant backgrounds. In this process, the rendered image looks like a replica of the original existing object. Rendering process is accomplished after the completion of the foregoing 3D modeling step. 3D rendering technique is one of the core parts of Architectural services in Construction industries. It is inevitably executed across several industrial projects such as Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Plants, Aerospace, Media etc.
Steps to perform Photo-realistic rendering process:
• In the first step, a 3D model of an object is created.
• After that, we can apply different texturing, shading and shadow effects for different layers of that 3D model as per our requirements for giving “real life” feel.
Role of Photo-realistic rendering in industrial aspects
Architectural Services: In these services, rendered images are created in computer by using different software’s like 3ds Max, Maya, SketchUp, etc. To make an architectural building photo-realistic, we create an artificial real life environment including that building’s interior and exterior. Interior 3D rendering process is performed by adding different types of household goods such as furniture, kitchen accessories, electronic items, etc. in the interior of the building. In Exterior rendering process, the outside ambiance around the building is created by adding sky, landscape, road, fountain etc.
Advantages of Photo-realistic Architectural Rendering
• It provides viewers complete 3D architectural visualization of a building from all angles and enables them to feel the real life instance of the planned building in the virtual world.
• A set of successive rendered images are used in making architectural animation as well as architectural walk-through and fly-through videos. These videos make viewers to travel across the building virtually.
• Computerized architectural rendering process helps to make modification on images effectively which was not possible in ordinary paper sketching technique i.e. it improves efficiency, time and reduces waste and unnecessary expenses.
• By using 3D rendering techniques, renders can create customize photo realistic images by applying their own thoughts.
Media and Entertainment Industry: Photo-realistic rendering is the key element of media industries. It is used to add more spice to any videos, film, movies etc. It is heavily used in making animation i.e. it can be animation movies, serials, short films, video games etc. It makes animated characters as well as atmospheres more prominent and helps viewer to get the authentic real life feel. Rendering has a large scale of usage in advertisement industry too.
Design 3D visualization: Beside architectural services, rendering is also used to make a product photo-realistic. Before launching any new product to market, it is necessary to represent the product virtually i.e. it can be a car including its interior and exterior, food packets, soap, shampoo bottle etc.
Hence, photo-realistic rendering has spiced up our life. It empowers renders to implement their creativity by blending technology, aesthetic sense and their imagination power together.