The execution of design development process has always been one of the most difficult tasks in the entire construction process. And the matter of fact is that the efficiency of building professionals during actual construction entirely depends on the quality of building design. This clearly means that precise building design is extremely important for building professionals in terms of rapid accomplishment of the project. Considering the importance of building design in construction, a variety of design development software products have been manufactured by software developers.
Some of this software include AutoCAD, Revit – Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, and Revit MEP, Tekla, Navisworks and 3ds Max etc.
Uses of different software products in design development
1. Drawings, which remain one of the most important parts of design development process, are a vital source of design information for architects and engineers
2. And for the accurate development of drawings ( architectural, structural and MEP drawings) building professionals have to utilise advanced software products.
3. One of the most crucial software products, which is mostly used for the development of technical architectural and engineering drawings is AutoCAD.
4. Its tools are so high- tech, that even the most complex drawings can also be generated swiftly by drafters.
5. In addition to that, with its assistance alteration of multidisciplinary drawings have also become quite easy.
6. Apart from developing drawings, the next stage in design process remains the development of 3D models.
7. These days, 3D models are generally developed with Building Information Modeling software such as Revit, Tekla, and Allplan.
8. BIM models include advanced information about construction projects and can be utilised largely for predicting project outcomes. Details regarding design, construction, operations, and schedules etc. are incorporated effectively within Building Information Models.
9. If we talk about Tekla, it deals with everything regarding structural design process. Weather, it is structural detailing, modeling, or structural analysis, Tekla can handle everything effectively.
10. The next crucial software for AEC professionals during design development is Navisworks.
11. It is used for locating and eliminating element collisions.
12. On the other hand, 3ds Max comes into the picture once the technical design of the building is fully completed. It is primarily needed for developing photorealistic images of the building in question.