With rapid technical advancement and need to deliver quick turnaround time of construction projects, it has become imperative for contractors, consulting firms, and Architectural Design firms etc. to shift from CAD to BIM Modeling. BIM owing to its parametric modeling properties, ability to provide building data along with 3D geometry has compelled companies to make shift from cad drafting services to virtual construction modeling technology.
3D Visualisation has changed the way of approach of architectural firms to the design of a building. It has led to increased efficacy in the architectural and engineering industries. With the use of visualisation, architects can present their designs in the form of images that would resemble the final building. This is similar to taking a photograph of the building before the construction actually begins. 3D modelling is the process of developing a virtual three dimensional representation of a physical object. 3D Visualisation or 3D Rendering, as it is often called, is the process of converting the 3D models into a 2D image that is similar to a photograph.
3D Visualisation offers many benefits to the architects.
- Accurate depiction
3D Visualisation depicts the architectural design in form of an image of the building before construction. The clients can take a virtual tour of the building and suggest changes that they may require. The architect can make changes to the design and check the effect of this change.
- Cutting Edge Over a 2D Drawing
A rendered image is easy to understand when compared to the 2D drawing. It creates the image of the building in a manner as it would appear when it would be constructed in real time. This enables the clients to visualise the actual design, thereby leading to better acceptability.
- Quicker Project Approvals
It is easier to get the project approvals from the local government authorities. Many projects are rejected due the lack of clarity of the appearance of the building. However, with the use of 3D rendering services, it becomes easier to exhibit the actual appearance and remove any uncertainties.
- Facilitates Changes in Design
It is easier to understand the impact of design changes in the 3D model than on a 2D drawing. The implications of even a minor change is design are reflected in a way that is easy to understand.
- Easy to Measure
3D model clearly depicts the physical dimensions of the objects and its relative distance with the other objects in the layout. This helps the clients visualize and fine-tune the arrangement of the objects.
- Easy to Interpret
3D models are easy to interpret as they require fewer instructions and are free from language barriers. It is easier to understand the layout that is closer to reality.
Architects use 3D modelling and rendering services to improve the efficiency and aesthetics of their design. We are proficient in creating photo realistic images for offices, homes, commercial buildings, sports complex and stadiums, landscaping as well as interiors. We can also photo montage the model over an existing image. Contact us now for your requirements.
The introduction of 3ds Max has revolutionised the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry when it comes to architectural animation and rendering. It’s a powerful software that helps rendering artists and 3D animation artists to customise and create remarkable photorealistic images, models, architectural walk-through and fly- through. This Autodesk product is fully packed high-end modeling and rendering tools as well as features and most of them are based on users’ requests.
The Autodesk team pays a lot of importance to users’ feedback and reviews and hence it has managed to create and accommodate magnificent tools in 3ds Max which can help users to accomplish their task quickly.
Check out some of the latest enhancements in 3ds Max
- Some of the latest add-ons in 3ds Max include “Camera Sequencer” which helps animation artists to tell the stories effectively with high-end animation.
- Dual Quaternion skinning is another add-on in 3ds Max which helps users in developing high-quality skinned characters in very small time.
- OpenSubdiv support is another important feature which is used for developing complex topology more quickly.
- Enhanced ShaderFX can be used by 3ds Max users for exchanging advanced shades effectively.
- A new 360 cloud rendering support has also been added to the software for simplifying the rendering process.
- The software can now easily support Iray and mental enhancements.
- The addition of Max Creation Graph, which is a node-based tool as well as content creation enviornment brings great efficiency during the rendering process.
- Users can now import data from other applications such as Revit and SketchUp a way too faster which ultimately helps in enhancing the productivity of the users.
So, in this way with the assistance of advanced 3ds Max tools, the work can now be completed too quickly by users.
The term ‘Architectural services’ includes an extensive range of services within it and all these services hold special importance for building stakeholders, when it comes to the overall construction of the building. For developing high performing buildings n number of (countless) architectural, structural and MEP solutions are required which are mostly availed with the assistance of architectural and engineering design firms.
Again for each building discipline multiple design and drafting solutions are required which allow design and construction professionals to get a detailed idea of design.
Check out the list of architectural services
- Architectural drafting services remain the fundamental requirement of architects as with their execution precise 2D architectural drawings are availed by them.
- Architectural drafting results in the production of immaculate site-plans, floor plans, elevations and sections etc.
- If incase only hand-made architectural drawings are available to clients then they can also avail paper to CAD conversion services for obtaining CAD drawings.
- 3D floor plan services are also highly indispensable part of architectural services as they provide exhaustive information about a floor.
- 3D architectural modeling services are again extremely important because they allow design and construction professionals to obtain better results in terms of design analysis and its improvement.
- 3D architectural models remains extensively indispensable to design and construction professionals when they have to execute clash detection services, as it provides better visibility to modelers in terms of identification of element collisions.
- The 3D architectural models as well as CAD drawings can be used by rendering artists for the development of realistic images.
- That means in the absence of architectural drawings and parametric models, architectural rendering services cannot be performed.
“Make sure you visualize what you really want, not what someone else wants for you.”- Jerry Gillies; this thought led to the development of Architectural 3D Modeling Services, Architectural 3D Rendering Services and Architectural walkthrough’s. All these services are a part of Architectural Visualization services . Revit and 3d s max can be used in Revit Modeling Services, Architectural 3D Rendering services and Architectural Visualization services respectively which used for developing renders and creating Architectural Walkthrough’s were developed to support the 3D Visualization stream .
Earlier architectural drawings were limited to complex 2d drawings sets which could be understood only by Architects, Drafters, Engineers or Technicians. Someone who is a layman and not within this industry may not understand such 2d CAD drawings. Architects felt difficulty in sharing their thought processes or design ideas with the non- architectural clients or owners. As a result owners felt at risk investing in a project where the output was uncertain.
To end this uncertainty AEC came up with Architectural Visualization Services that includes Architectural Revit Modeling services, 3d Rendering services and moving simulations.
Revit Modeling services help develop the 3D Models representing building structure of the project before construction. These Architectural 3D Models can be created using AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhinoceros, Google Sketch up, Zbrush etc. These Revit 3D models are not very photorealistic they do not illustrate colors, lighting or any photorealism e.g. lightings, outdoors, landscape, gardens etc. Then 3d Rendering Services evolved. Architectural 3d Rendering gives 3D realistic effect to the project so that people can easily identify with them.
Architectural 3D Rendering is a process which transforms 3D wireframes to photorealistic rendered models. Rendering artists use softwares such as 3D Max studio, Revit, Maya, AutoCAD architecture, Sketch Up and Rhinoceros. 3D Rendering Services are prominently used by Architectural and interior firms for marketing purposes.
A completely rendered Architectural 3d model can provide you a photorealistic views for any project. Further Architectural walkthrough services can give you a feeling of presence within an infrastructure without it being constructed.
Architectural walkthrough’s are like short animation movies which can be used for presentation and marketing. As these Architectural Walkthroughs provide an experience similar to “walking” through the project they are called Architectural Walkthrough’s.
Many organizations or companies take help of Revit Modeling Services, Architectural 3D Modeling services , Architectural 3D renderings and Architectural Walkthrough as they easily represent complex 2d cad drawings in a way a common man or layman easily understand. Many won’t prefer developing these walkthrough as it consumes lot of time. But still these walkthroughs are in the favorites list of clients and customers participating in Architectural projects.
Following services fall under Architectural 3D Services :
– Architectural furniture renderings
– Site modeling and rendering
– Spines and dentures
– Virtual 360 panorama view
– Coffer ceilings and moldings
Photo-realistic rendering signifies how a virtual object is made photo-realistic by applying colors, textures and relevant backgrounds. In this process, the rendered image looks like a replica of the original existing object. Rendering process is accomplished after the completion of the foregoing 3D modeling step. 3D rendering technique is one of the core parts of Architectural services in Construction industries. It is inevitably executed across several industrial projects such as Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Plants, Aerospace, Media etc.
Steps to perform Photo-realistic rendering process:
• In the first step, a 3D model of an object is created.
• After that, we can apply different texturing, shading and shadow effects for different layers of that 3D model as per our requirements for giving “real life” feel.
Role of Photo-realistic rendering in industrial aspects
Architectural Services: In these services, rendered images are created in computer by using different software’s like 3ds Max, Maya, SketchUp, etc. To make an architectural building photo-realistic, we create an artificial real life environment including that building’s interior and exterior. Interior 3D rendering process is performed by adding different types of household goods such as furniture, kitchen accessories, electronic items, etc. in the interior of the building. In Exterior rendering process, the outside ambiance around the building is created by adding sky, landscape, road, fountain etc.
Advantages of Photo-realistic Architectural Rendering
• It provides viewers complete 3D architectural visualization of a building from all angles and enables them to feel the real life instance of the planned building in the virtual world.
• A set of successive rendered images are used in making architectural animation as well as architectural walk-through and fly-through videos. These videos make viewers to travel across the building virtually.
• Computerized architectural rendering process helps to make modification on images effectively which was not possible in ordinary paper sketching technique i.e. it improves efficiency, time and reduces waste and unnecessary expenses.
• By using 3D rendering techniques, renders can create customize photo realistic images by applying their own thoughts.
Media and Entertainment Industry: Photo-realistic rendering is the key element of media industries. It is used to add more spice to any videos, film, movies etc. It is heavily used in making animation i.e. it can be animation movies, serials, short films, video games etc. It makes animated characters as well as atmospheres more prominent and helps viewer to get the authentic real life feel. Rendering has a large scale of usage in advertisement industry too.
Design 3D visualization: Beside architectural services, rendering is also used to make a product photo-realistic. Before launching any new product to market, it is necessary to represent the product virtually i.e. it can be a car including its interior and exterior, food packets, soap, shampoo bottle etc.
Hence, photo-realistic rendering has spiced up our life. It empowers renders to implement their creativity by blending technology, aesthetic sense and their imagination power together.