Like all other projects, a construction project is also performed through several phases. All the phases together form a cycle and the whole process of is called a construction project lifecycle. These phases help us to understand that in what way a building or object will be constructed. Construction project life cycle provides a comprehensive idea of pre-construction activities, cost planning along with post construction activities like assets and facilities managements.
A construction project life cycle basically passes through five fundamental phases, they are:
- Pre-construction phase: In this phase, pre-construction activities are done in two steps:
- Initialization of project ideas: Initially Client’s plan for starting a construction project and share their ideas with several construction consultants. Consultant professional discusses in detail with clients to understand their exact requirements like in what ways the project will be executed, project deadline, project budget, resource types, labor cost, etc.
- Planning and Design phase: Once clients approve and the entire requirements get finalized, the next step is planning and design phase. In this phase, clients can hire individual Architects, Drafters, Modelers, etc. or can outsource their work to professional CAD and BIM services providers. Proper planning of the entire project is made in this phase and entire lifecycle of the project is divided into separate steps.
In the first step, designs are created for the planned objects. In the next steps, drafting, 3D modeling, construction drawing as well as 3D walkthrough (if required) is performed for the designed objects. 3D Modeling and walkthrough enable clients to a get clear perception of the virtual object and empowers them to feel how the object will look in real life after construction.
Shop drawing and construction drawing are generated in this phase. These drawings along with 7D BIM modeling help us to acquire complete project information like:
- How many resources and labor will be required
- Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
- Material types and details with manufacturing details
- Construction timeline and scheduling details
- Field development phase: In the field development phase, the final outputs i.e. shop drawing, construction drawing, etc. of the previous phase (planning and design phase) are given to the contractors as well as field engineers. These outputs are used as guides at the time of actual construction development. Field word i.e. the construction or fabrication process finally gets started in the field.
- Post-construction phase – After the completion of the desired construction, various testing, inspection, final clean up and remedial works are performed. A final report is made in this phase. As-built drawings of the building are also generated on the basis of the changed designs that are made over the original designs.
- Maintenance phase: In this phase, various maintenance works i.e. repair, facilities management, etc. are performed for constructed objects.
Tesla CAD – UK is one stop destination in providing pre-construction solutions like CAD design, drafting, modeling, rendering, walk-through, all BIM related services and construction drawings. If you are interested, email us @ email@example.com and visit us @ www.teslacad.co.uk.