Green construction is the practice of developing energy efficient buildings wherein design and construction professionals use environment friendly methods for constructing the buildings. The main aim of architects, engineers and contactors remains at saving the consumption of energy, water, electricity and other important resources at the time of construction and post construction which proves highly beneficial for building owners and for our built-environment as well.
There is a huge necessity of creating awareness about green construction and its advantages for our environment, as green buildings are still developed rarely across the world.
Tools and techniques used in green construction
- Development of green buildings is impossible in the absence of advanced software such as Revit and Tekla.
- Both these software are utilized by design and construction professionals for creating energy analytical models.
- Energy analytical models can be developed with the information contained in 3D parametric Building Information Models.
- Energy analytical models which are either developed in Revit or in Tekla are utilized by design and construction professionals for creating energy simulations and for conducting energy analysis.
- Depending upon project requirement energy analysis can be conducted during early design phase and also during late design development.
- The energy analysis which is conducted during early design phase remains very crucial for architects and engineers because they can easily make change to the design.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design commonly referred as LEED plays a major role in the development of green buildings.
- LEED which is created by U.S. Green Building Council is nothing but set of rating systems.
- It is very helpful when it comes to the design, construction, and operations of green buildings.