With rapid technical advancement and need to deliver quick turnaround time of construction projects, it has become imperative for contractors, consulting firms, and Architectural Design firms etc. to shift from CAD to BIM Modeling. BIM owing to its parametric modeling properties, ability to provide building data along with 3D geometry has compelled companies to make shift from cad drafting services to virtual construction modeling technology.
Revit MEP Services
The process during which architects, engineers, and building information modelers create informative 3D parametric models for architecture, structure, and MEP is known as Revit modeling services. Revit allows design and construction professionals to share their work among themselves when 3D modeling is performed in the digital environment. It also allows them to increase the accuracy of 3D design developed in Revit. Revit modeling software develops the high quality architectural design of the building projects.
Over the period of time, Revit Modeling Services has become the most renowned engineering services across the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry. Revit helps design and construction professionals in the construction of architecture, structure and MEP system of the building by allowing them to generate high-quality design. Revit is considered as the best platform for architects and engineers for design development of building elements. Revit consists of lots of advanced tools that help architects to develop the building architectural design accurately.
Revit allows the users to link the IFC files to the on-going project which helps them to do additional design works effectively. It enhances the collaboration among the project team members. Revit enables all the project team members to share their information with each other without any hassle. Once the architectural model is developed for the project all the professionals can work simultaneously on the same model. Also, they can save their work as files within the central database so that everyone can view the files and access the files easily.
By scanning a 3D Revit model, professionals can detect interferences among various elements of the building system. Once the building architectural design is completely created, professionals can efficiently analyze the design and take effective sustainable design decision regarding the architecture of the proposed building project. Revit modeling services also allow users to modify the entire architectural model. The modified model is automatically updated without any manual effort. This software increases the overall productivity of the project.
Revit modeling software allows the professionals to visualize the architectural design model from all the angles giving a 360-degree view. This view helps to analyze the model efficiently and the required changes can be made in the model if any. Revit modeling services are most significant for architects and engineers for onsite construction as precise design and construction data from the 3D parametric model can be used which are created from 3D modeling services.
Earlier when Revit (building design software) was not equipped with the indexing mechanism, then Building Information Modelers had to take the support of additional applications (such as Autodesk ReCap) for changing a raw laser scanned file into a properly indexed point cloud file. It’s true that point cloud modeling services cannot be executed until and unless laser scanned data (which is collected during the survey process, undertaken for the as-built building) is successfully indexed. In other words, the raw scanned data cannot be inserted into Revit.
Method used in Revit for indexing raw point cloud data
- For linking a point cloud file in current Revit project, users are required to index the file before going ahead with the linking option.
- So while selecting the point cloud file for linking in Revit, users are required to click ‘Yes’ for allowing Revit to index the file.
- When ‘Yes’ is clicked by users then Revit creates indexed .rcp and .rcs files from raw scanned data.
- Right after Yes is clicked by Revit users; the Point Cloud File Indexing dialog opens up in front of the screen.
- If in case there are a huge number of files within the list of raw format files then users are required to use the Import Unit Option.
- Under the file location, option Revit users are required to determine the file name and its location.
- Once file location and the file name is specified users are required to click ‘Start Indexing’ option.
- Once the process of indexing raw point cloud files is over, Revit users are needed to click ‘Close.’
- For a single laser scanned file, Revit produces a single .rcp file and a single .rcs file.