With the passage of time, humongous advancements have been made in the field of science and technology, which are eventually accountable for simplifying the complexities of human life. Today technology is ruling our lives tremendously, we cannot thing of surviving without computers, laptops and cell phones. Prior to the arrival or advent of all these communication tools, it used to be really difficult for us to communicate our thoughts or any sort of information for that matter to other, which eventually used to create enormous obstacles for accomplishing any task. Today, all kinds of business firms across the world are making huge benefits with the implementation of latest tools and technology.
Similarly, Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry has also started flourishing once architects, engineers, drafters, steel detailers and fabricators began using high-end tools and cutting edge technologies.
Check out the tools and technologies used in construction
- A lot of design and drafting software solutions have been introduced in the last few years and they are truly very advantageous for architects and engineers when it comes to design development.
- When it comes to drafting (the process of developing technical drawings for different building disciplines), there are lot of software which can be used by architects, engineers and drafters such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD and CorelCAD etc.
- With the assistance of above mentioned software, drafters and detailers can develop phenomenal technical drawings for architecture, structure and MEP.
- These software systems are used for the rapid or prompt development of comprehensive site plans, floor plans, working drawings, mechanical plans, electrical plans and plumbing drawings etc.
- Similarly, design and construction professionals have also started developing 3D models for different building disciplines for bringing more clarity on design.
- The software used for this purpose include Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, Revit MEP, Tekla, Allplan and ArchiCAD etc.
In short, with the introduction of high end CAD and BIM software in AEC industry, the challenges of developing high-performing buildings have really been reduced to a great extent.