Family templates are very crucial for developing different types of architectural, structural and MEP components as they contain every bit of imperative information that is required by Revit technicians for starting family creation process. When Revit family creation services are executed by design and construction professionals they fallow a very systematic and organized method during which they first have to effectively plan the family.
Planning is a very important aspect of developing loadable families and in-place families as this leads to sorting out doubts regarding the shape, size and dimensions of going to be developed components.
Family template is chosen after following steps are effectively completed by users
- Revit technicians should find out all the information about the size and dimensions of the family.
- After that they should decide whether the component or the family (architectural, structural MEP component) which they are developing in family editor tool requires any host or not.
- Design and construction professionals should also have all the information about the display of the family in different views, as it largely affects the creation of geometry.
- Once all these things are decided effectively, design and construction professionals can easily select the right family template for developing loadable families and in-place families.
- When it comes to the selection of family templates, host-based family templates are used extensively by Revit users for the development of different kinds of architectural, structural and MEP components.
- Host based family templates are those family templates which provide crucial information to Revit technicians about the components which are hosted by them.
- For example, wall-based family template is a host-based template which provides extensive information about those elements which are hosted in a wall such as doors.
- That means when a door family is developed by Revit technicians, no other family template remains that crucial to them as wall-based family template.
So in this way if the family is effectively planned, Revit users automatically get to know which template should be selected by them.