Shared coordinates are indispensable when it comes to tackling the geometrical positioning of a linked model in Revit. It is imperative to share coordinates of host model and linked models for understanding the positioning of numerous interlinked files in a Revit project. When same shared coordinates are not shared by the linked and host project then users have problem in locating the center of the imported geometry in current view.
Revit’s shared positioning tools are optimized by its users for dealing with positioning issues.
Appropriate methods of using shared coordinates
- The first thing that must be known to all Revit users is that it hardly matters if they obtain shared coordinates from a linked model or a host model.
- But the fact remains that they have to acquire shared coordinates from one single file.
- The file from where shared coordinates are acquired by users defines the coordinates for the rest of the files contained in a project.
- Revit users are suggested to acquire coordinates form an individual file and these coordinates can then be published by them in other files.
- If in case users want to obtain and publish coordinates from linked model they are required to select linked model in the host project.
- Once linked model is selected by Revit users in a host model, they are then required to open Instance Properties Dialog.
- In the Instance Properties dialog box users are suggested to find out ‘Not Shared’ button.
- Not Shared button is located right next to Shared Location Parameters.
- Not Shared button indicates that coordinates are not shared by linked and host models.
- Revit users are required to click on to ‘Not Shared’ button.
- Once Not Shared button is selected by users Revit displays Select Location Dialog box.
- Since Revit users are trying to share the coordinates of a linked and a host model for the first time now they are suggested to reconcile the coordinates either according to host or linked model.
- Revit users now have to select between ‘Publish ’or ‘acquire. ’ If publish is selected by them then they end up publishing the coordinates of a host model in the linked model. And the coordinates of the linked model changes according to the coordinates of a host model.
- However if ‘Acquire’ is selected by users they end up acquiring the coordinates of the linked model to the host model.
In this way coordinates are appropriately shared by Revit users depending upon their requirement.